27th Annual Dental Day & Vendor Marketplace
May 5th @ 7:30 am - 2:30 pm$169
Speaker: Arthur H. Jeske, D.M.D., Ph.D.
Drugs Used In Dentistry: A Comprehensive, Evidence-Based Update
Dental care requires an understanding of the current, evidence-based role of drugs in the overall management of patients, particularly with regard to medically compromised patients. This seminar is designed to update attendees with current, important issues in the use of the common drug therapies, with an emphasis on current scientific evidence that may disrupt traditional approaches to local anesthesia, acute postoperative pain control and antibiotic therapy.
– Systematic reviews of the comparative efficacy of injectable local anesthetics, including new approaches for dentoalveolar surgery
– Systematic reviews of the comparative efficacy of oral analgesics for the management of acute postoperative pain, including considerations for abuse and diversion of opioids
– Important professional guidelines on the use of antibiotics for odontogenic infections and new evidence that prompts reevaluation of antibiotic prophylaxis to prevent infective endocarditis and prosthetic joint infections
– Current evidence-driven changes in regard to interactions between oral contraceptives and antibiotics, new concepts in the use of emergency drugs, guidelines for patients taking antiresorptive therapy for bone diseases
– Supplementary information on the use of internet-based pharmacology resources will be included throughout the presentation
7:30am – 8:30am: Registration, Vendor Marketplace, & Breakfast
8:30am – 11:00am: Drugs Used In Dentistry: A Comprehensive, Evidence-Based Update
11:00am – 12:00pm: Lunch
12:00pm – 2:00pm: Drugs Used In Dentistry: A Comprehensive, Evidence-Based Update – Continued
2:00pm – 2:30pm: Closing Remarks & Raffle
Register early and secure last year’s pricing of $149!
$149 Early Bird – Register before February 28, 2023.
$169 – Register from March 1 – May 5, 2023