- This event has passed.
Continuing Education: Healthy Workplaces
February 6, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
NTC: Explorer Dental Series: Course description:
Healthcare workers share common goals of patient safety and professional communication, often missing the critical link between the two. Effective communication between roles and disciplines directly impacts the ability to resolve conflict, make decisions in practice, and collaborate as a productive healthcare team. Various leadership styles can engage staff as change agents, and encourage the cooperation necessary for management of a positive and safe workplace, while minimizing incidents of incivility.
Title of presentation: Healthy Workplaces in Healthcare: Engage in Positive Behaviors
Presenter: Marlene Roberts, RN, MSN
Date of presentation: February 6, 2020
- Define and describe incivility in a dental workplace, and discuss the impact on patient’s acceptance of treatment.
- Outline and discuss the implications of incivility in healthcare cultures.
- Be able to identify and define coping strategies and methods to support a positive workplace culture.
- Recognize lost productivity and effect on patient safety related to workplace incivility.
- Identify and define feedback mechanisms for the dental interdisciplinary team.
- Describe mechanism for giving and receiving feedback within the dental interdisciplinary team.
- Identify and differentiate leadership styles and the effect on the dental team.
- Identify and discuss the importance of tone, nonverbal behaviors, attitude and reflective practice.
- Engage in reflective practice activity.
In collaboration with Northcentral Technical College (NTC) the Wisconsin Dental Hygienists’ Association is providing CE credits for the following courses. You must register for these courses through NTC at the following link : https://www.ntc.edu/